What is the difference between static QR code and a dynamic QR code
Created on 28 April, 2023 | FAQ | | 1 minutes read
The main difference between static and dynamic QR codes is in how the linked data is stored and the flexibility in changing that data. Below are the main differences between the two types of QR codes:
Linked data storage:
- Static QR codes store the linked data, such as a URL, directly in the QR code. This means the information is immutable once the code is created.
- Dynamic QR codes store the linked data on a remote server. When someone scans the code, they are directed to the server, which then provides the latest information and directs the user to the desired destination.
Flexibility in changing data:
- Static QR codes cannot be changed after they are created. If you want to change the linked information, you must generate and print a new QR code.
- Dynamic QR codes can be changed at any time without re-generating or printing the code. You can easily update the linked URL or other information through the online platform you used to create the QR code.
- Static QR codes are suitable for situations where the linked information does not need to be changed, such as sharing a Web site, an e-mail address or contact information that remains unchanged.
- Dynamic QR codes are ideal for situations where the content behind the code needs to be updated regularly, such as marketing campaigns, events or changing contact information.
Scan statistics and analysis:
- Static QR codes do not provide detailed scanning statistics, as the code leads directly to the linked information.
- Dynamic QR codes provide comprehensive scanning statistics and analytics, such as number of scans, time, location and devices used. This information can be valuable for marketing and promotional purposes.
In summary, static QR codes are simpler and less expensive, but offer less flexibility and functionality. Dynamic QR codes are more versatile and offer more options for analysis and customization, but usually require an online platform or service to manage.